Thursday, June 17, 2004

Blue is not my favourite colour

But blue is certainly the mood that I cannot get away from for the past couple of days. Since waking up this morning I haven't been able to shake this "weight of the world" type depressed feeling. Maybe it's the rain, or maybe it's the fact that I have become competely obsessed with my ability to carry a child and my brain can't handle it any more.

Rick has been great - even though he was all excited to be trying again too and must also be disappointed. He has been focussing on trying to "cheer me up". That is a noble intention, but unfortunately can be quite annoying when you don't want to be cheery. I have done my best to try and go along with his ideas though - I really don't want to hurt his feelings.

Last night he decided we should go for a walk on the beach near our house. The place we went is a bit out of the way and there is lots of evidance that teenagers go there to party. It was pretty sad to see the beer cans and other litter that they leave behind. As we were leaving I found a couple of carelessly discarded bags on our path, so I started picking up a number of Heineken cans that were strewn across the waterfront nearby. Rick told me to jump a little stream to get the ones on the other side and as I did I landed in some sort of sandy mud and sunk in up to my ankles (quick sand???). I was not impressed at all - the shores of Lake Ontario around Toronto would certainly never win any awards for cleanliness and I was suddenly having visions of myself contracting some kind of disease from the water that was now seeping into my shoes... shudder! With all the cans picked up and me grumbling about my soggy shoes, we headed back to the car. As we were walking a group of young guys were walking towards the beach - with a case of beer! I just burst into laughter right there! What the hell was I thinking? Oh well... maybe they saw my clean up job and decided to return their empties (ya right!)

Hmmm... I hope this mood goes away soon - it's almost the weekend and I'd really prefer to have some fun. Since it looks like I will be turning the other cheek when I ovulate this weekend - maybe I will have to go visit my new friend the martini!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home