Blood testing complete!
I went in the for the last of my blood testing today - finally! Next week I will know what my progesterone levels look like. I think that my GP has doctor envy because he keeps kind of rolling his eyes at this approach that my specialist doctor is taking. My PTT (Partial thromboplastin time) test came back high - he was saying that he doesn't understand why they took that test. I think maybe because he doesn't really know what it's an indicator of... but anyway... Then at the end of my appointment he was asking me "so where does this leave us?" - like we were a couple and he was questioning our relationship or something. I actually thought it was kind of cute - made me chuckle inside. I reassured him that I will be back once I have a diagnosis and that he would still be the one to deliver my baby when the time comes. I think that made him feel better! Men!
Now there's nothing for me to do but keep busy and try not to pay attention to how much time is ticking by. The m/c doctor's office was supposed to call this week to set up my next appointment and they didn't - so I guess if they don't call me by the middle of next week I will call them. They must be used to high maintenance women by now!
On a good note, I just realized that I am on cycle day 24 and am not spotting yet. It has usually started for me by now... so maybe this low-stress/no charting approach is doing something positive for my body. I don't even know when I ovulated and so now I can't stress about the fact that my luteal phase is too short. Ignorance sure is bliss!!!
Now there's nothing for me to do but keep busy and try not to pay attention to how much time is ticking by. The m/c doctor's office was supposed to call this week to set up my next appointment and they didn't - so I guess if they don't call me by the middle of next week I will call them. They must be used to high maintenance women by now!
On a good note, I just realized that I am on cycle day 24 and am not spotting yet. It has usually started for me by now... so maybe this low-stress/no charting approach is doing something positive for my body. I don't even know when I ovulated and so now I can't stress about the fact that my luteal phase is too short. Ignorance sure is bliss!!!

1 Comments:
LOL @ the dr "relationship" comments. This may sound strange but I think it is sweet that your dr. is worried about you leaving. Good that he actually thinks of you and not $$ or you as a # like most dr. in my area.
Yeah to low stress & no spot!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home