I can't seem to help myself!
As someone who is just months away from becoming a registered nutritionist - I think that I can safely say that I have a bit of a problem with sweets - chocolate in particular - at this point in time. I've never had a sweet tooth before, so this is new territory for me. Delicious new territory.
I know that I should be eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables (actually I'm not having a problem with the fruits) and whole grains and good sources of protein. How come all I want is cake, chocolate and kiwis? I even found myself buying chocolate rice milk when I was grocery shopping on the weekend (it's so freakin' good too!)
This weekend I made Rick his very own double decker banana cake with chocolate truffle icing. We ate the entire thing by yesterday morning. We usually have to throw cake out because we never eat it after the first piece.
When I was in the health food store last week I bought two big Green & Black's organic chocolate bars to hide under Rick's pillow on Valentine's Day (these are expensive chocolate from England - to be savoured one piece at a time). They never made it. I polished off what was left of the white chocolate one this afternoon and the dark chocolate mint one is being held captive in my makeup drawer until I can smuggle it back out of the house without Rick ever knowing he missed out on a Valentine's treat.
According to my doctor I've only put on one pound so far, but that was last week. I think he may be surprised next time we meet.
I used to want to specialize in prenatal nutrition when I'm done school - I'm changing my mind about that FAST. I know what I should be doing and can't seem to do it - how will I ever be able to make those suggestions to other pregnant women? I think choosing a more sane stage in life might be a better idea. Pre-teen nutrition? Menopausal nutrition?
I know that I should be eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables (actually I'm not having a problem with the fruits) and whole grains and good sources of protein. How come all I want is cake, chocolate and kiwis? I even found myself buying chocolate rice milk when I was grocery shopping on the weekend (it's so freakin' good too!)
This weekend I made Rick his very own double decker banana cake with chocolate truffle icing. We ate the entire thing by yesterday morning. We usually have to throw cake out because we never eat it after the first piece.
When I was in the health food store last week I bought two big Green & Black's organic chocolate bars to hide under Rick's pillow on Valentine's Day (these are expensive chocolate from England - to be savoured one piece at a time). They never made it. I polished off what was left of the white chocolate one this afternoon and the dark chocolate mint one is being held captive in my makeup drawer until I can smuggle it back out of the house without Rick ever knowing he missed out on a Valentine's treat.
According to my doctor I've only put on one pound so far, but that was last week. I think he may be surprised next time we meet.
I used to want to specialize in prenatal nutrition when I'm done school - I'm changing my mind about that FAST. I know what I should be doing and can't seem to do it - how will I ever be able to make those suggestions to other pregnant women? I think choosing a more sane stage in life might be a better idea. Pre-teen nutrition? Menopausal nutrition?

2 Comments:
LOL! I know exactly what you're going through! I was doing pretty much okay until I hit 20 weeks, and then the junk food cravings really kicked in - but especially for sweets. Which is funny because I had no interest in them in the beginning, including chocolate. Now, I can't get enough of it! It's so hard when you KNOW you shouldn't be indulging but you can't help it. I think trying a different field might be a good idea. ;) But don't beat yourself up over it. It's not like you eat like this when you're not pregnant.
And yes, Mia is right, sweet cravings are supposed to indicate a girl. But since all I wanted was salty foods in the beginning (boy) and now I want dairy and sweets (girl) (and yes, I hate milk, but I've been drinking it lately!!), I have no idea what I'm supposed to expect. :) But both of our babies have had heart rates in the same range, so maybe we're both having the same, whichever it is. :)
Hmmmm... a Girl, lots of predictions here & Jen on FF thinking girl. I agree!!!
You deserve to have your cake btw, don't worry about it. The cravings will come & go.
Post a Comment
<< Home