The little alien - 15 weeks
As part of my natural nutrition course, I am currently taking a class in "Mind/Body/Spirit". We are learning all about the body's chakras, or centres of energy, and their involvement in disease and discomfort. Basically, how the mind, body and spirit are all connected and not seperate - one has an effect on the other. It's all a bit airy fairy, but I do understand and believe in the basic concepts. Anyhow, while studying the "sacral" chakra on Monday night we had to do an exercise where we recalled one good moment in our day that we felt truly good and at peace. The point of the exercise being that one should do this everyday and not just look at the negative things, but make sure to look at the good experiences each day.
So I'm going to try and do this. It's so easy to concentrate on the fears and the negative thoughts each day, but most days there has to be one good moment and if there's not, then we have to make that moment for ourselves. It was really hard to pick one good moment out of yesterday, because for a change it was ALL good! But if forced to pick the best moment, it would be when our miscarriage specialist doctor said that "it looks like you've got a beautifully developing fetus in there".
If you ask me, it looks more like a beautifully developing alien:
I asked the ultrasound technican to show me the placenta and my cervix (closed!) on the monitor and she also did her best to give me some good profiles of the little squirmer:
Rick took me out to the Bonjour Brioche afterwards to celebrate our good fortune. I was worried that it would be closed because it's mostly a lunch place, but as this day's luck would have it, they were open for another hour. We ate our favourites and savoured every moment - they make the most amazing food!
Afterwards we tempted fate and stopped by the drugstore to see if my Heparin prescription had come in. They were supposed to call me when it was ready and hadn't, but I squeezed the last drop out of the vial the night before and thought it was worth checking. Well, not only was the precription waiting for me, but it cost quite a few dollars less than the last place I was getting it.
For your viewing pleasure - a belly shot - not much belly and not a good shot, but the profile one didn't come out:
So I'm going to try and do this. It's so easy to concentrate on the fears and the negative thoughts each day, but most days there has to be one good moment and if there's not, then we have to make that moment for ourselves. It was really hard to pick one good moment out of yesterday, because for a change it was ALL good! But if forced to pick the best moment, it would be when our miscarriage specialist doctor said that "it looks like you've got a beautifully developing fetus in there".
If you ask me, it looks more like a beautifully developing alien:
I asked the ultrasound technican to show me the placenta and my cervix (closed!) on the monitor and she also did her best to give me some good profiles of the little squirmer:
Rick took me out to the Bonjour Brioche afterwards to celebrate our good fortune. I was worried that it would be closed because it's mostly a lunch place, but as this day's luck would have it, they were open for another hour. We ate our favourites and savoured every moment - they make the most amazing food!
Afterwards we tempted fate and stopped by the drugstore to see if my Heparin prescription had come in. They were supposed to call me when it was ready and hadn't, but I squeezed the last drop out of the vial the night before and thought it was worth checking. Well, not only was the precription waiting for me, but it cost quite a few dollars less than the last place I was getting it.
For your viewing pleasure - a belly shot - not much belly and not a good shot, but the profile one didn't come out:

4 Comments:
Hey I learned something new here. Like the thinking to look for the positives & if can't find one make one. I must work on this for myself!
Love the pics, & the first belly pic. Can't wait to track the progress of your little one (alien) too!
You've come along way baby!
hey Jackie cant see the pics, but wow. already 15 weeks!
You and the baby look great!!! I'm so happy for all three of you!!!
((Hugs))
Jackie - you look so cute! I can see that little belly forming :) Awwww...I'm so happy for you!
I'm glad to hear you are focusing on the good things right now because there are so many! That is a wonderful thing to hear from your doctors. And that little alien does look perfect :)
Post a Comment
<< Home