Faster please!
I'm so greedy. I couldn't wait for passing the 12 week mark of being pregnant but it hasn't satisfied by impatient nature. Now I want to be feeling movement, looking pregnant, having my doctor (either one, doesn't matter) GUARANTEE me that I am going to successfully deliver a healthy baby come July. Is that too much to ask? Is there a reason this can't go faster for a little while?
And now that I'm starting to feel a bit better (morning sickness and energy wise) I don't really want to share that with Rick. I am really starting to enjoy having dinner made for me and not having to clean the house. Laying around and being waited on is a hard thing to give up. At first it was essential, but now it's starting to be a luxury. So, I realize that I'm not only greedy but selfish too. Well, I did make breakfast this morning and gave the kitchen a clean last week, so I'm not ALL bad I guess.
I bought a pregnancy magazine this weekend. Normally when Rick and I go on our coffee/magazine dates I buy Marie Claire magazine and order a soy chai latte, but this week I bought a pregnancy mag and ordered a passion iced tea. Yes that's right, I'm a crazy, spontaneous nut! I bought the magazine because as I was flipping through it I read in the "7 things that they don't tell you about pregnancy" section that diarrhea is as common in pregnancy as morning sickness is. And since I've been having a few bouts myself, I figured I wanted to read what this article had to say. Unfortunately, that was about it of interest, except for a few recipes for snacks that don't make you heave. Maybe I'll save the magazine though and when I'm big and showing and feeling the baby move, it will seem more interesting to me.
And now that I'm starting to feel a bit better (morning sickness and energy wise) I don't really want to share that with Rick. I am really starting to enjoy having dinner made for me and not having to clean the house. Laying around and being waited on is a hard thing to give up. At first it was essential, but now it's starting to be a luxury. So, I realize that I'm not only greedy but selfish too. Well, I did make breakfast this morning and gave the kitchen a clean last week, so I'm not ALL bad I guess.
I bought a pregnancy magazine this weekend. Normally when Rick and I go on our coffee/magazine dates I buy Marie Claire magazine and order a soy chai latte, but this week I bought a pregnancy mag and ordered a passion iced tea. Yes that's right, I'm a crazy, spontaneous nut! I bought the magazine because as I was flipping through it I read in the "7 things that they don't tell you about pregnancy" section that diarrhea is as common in pregnancy as morning sickness is. And since I've been having a few bouts myself, I figured I wanted to read what this article had to say. Unfortunately, that was about it of interest, except for a few recipes for snacks that don't make you heave. Maybe I'll save the magazine though and when I'm big and showing and feeling the baby move, it will seem more interesting to me.

4 Comments:
Hahahaha, Jackie! We won't tell Rick either. Milk it for all its worth!
I agree - definitely keep milking it while you can! :)
It does go by pretty slow, doesn't it? It's great to hit all of those milestones but there is always another one after it and it takes so darn long to come up!
I know I'm not a doctor, but I will tell you that I have complete faith that you WILL deliver a healthy baby in July!!!!
Your secret is safe with me, I agree let Rick take care of you awhile longer!
Funny how you want to speed things up. From an outsider, I think you have come along way baby! It seems like just yesturday the pg announcements were being made on FF & now everyone is reaching all their milestones one by one.
I know too that you Will be blessed with a healthy, happy little baby before long.
I have to agree with the others...you're only pregnant for so long. Let everyone take care of you! I'm still amazed by my family's doting on me since they've never treated me that way before, but I let it happen. Sure, I could take care of myself, but since they're happy to do it these days, might as well let them. ;) In a short time you'll be wishing for these days again!! :D
I've found most of those pregnancy magazines to be quite boring and mostly full of advertisements, but it's such a rush to "be allowed" to buy them. I don't indulge often, but I still get a little thrill every time I do.
Here's hoping you start getting kicked and looking pregnant soon! I'm still waiting, but you'll probably achieve those before me since you're thin to begin with. Best wishes!!
Post a Comment
<< Home