6 weeks
I changed my dates by four days, so time has gone even slower. I decided I should count by ovulation date, rather than last menstrual period - because it's more accurate and probably explains why we didn't get to see our little sprout's heartbeat when we had an ultrasound on Monday. I thought I was 6 weeks, but I was really 5 weeks and 4 days. Doesn't seem like much, but it does make a big difference at this stage - probably the only time in your life when a few days means so much.
I've started to have this all-day sort of queasiness. It goes away a few minutes after I eat, but meal planning is pretty hard because I can never tell what I'm going to feel like. I normally love things that are garlicky, but I can't stand them now. Rick made his delicious homemade pizza last night and I had to force feed myself. This is really great! I've always wanted to actually FEEL like I was pregnant. Now I just have to find a way to live like this without people catching on.
My Dad and his wife should be arriving tomorrow to stay with us for 8 days. Yeah, that's right, 8 freakin' days. I love them, they're really fun to be with.... but it's 8 days...... and nights. Our house is pretty small - my dad is pretty large. Normally a good portion of our time together is spent drinking (well, that's obviously out for me) and cooking and eating (not my favourite things right now). So there's my dilemma. I don't want to be a bad host, but I don't know how I'm going to make things work like normal, especially when all I want to do when I get home from work is lay on the couch. I guess we'll have to play things by ear. I really don't want to tell them I'm pregnant, I'm just not ready to go there yet and my dad's wife will make a GIANT fuss. That will be the only thing we talk about for the entire visit. Then my sister will find out because she will be staying with us for part of the time too.
Rick and I are both being very cautious with our feelings this time. We have barely spoken about being pregnant. Probably have spent about 5 minutes total talking about it. I'm sure we'll get excited as time goes on, but we're just not ready yet. So, operation "deceive the parents" is about to begin. Wish me luck!
We're going in on Monday for another ultrasound - hopefully we'll get to see the little heartbeat this time!
I've started to have this all-day sort of queasiness. It goes away a few minutes after I eat, but meal planning is pretty hard because I can never tell what I'm going to feel like. I normally love things that are garlicky, but I can't stand them now. Rick made his delicious homemade pizza last night and I had to force feed myself. This is really great! I've always wanted to actually FEEL like I was pregnant. Now I just have to find a way to live like this without people catching on.
My Dad and his wife should be arriving tomorrow to stay with us for 8 days. Yeah, that's right, 8 freakin' days. I love them, they're really fun to be with.... but it's 8 days...... and nights. Our house is pretty small - my dad is pretty large. Normally a good portion of our time together is spent drinking (well, that's obviously out for me) and cooking and eating (not my favourite things right now). So there's my dilemma. I don't want to be a bad host, but I don't know how I'm going to make things work like normal, especially when all I want to do when I get home from work is lay on the couch. I guess we'll have to play things by ear. I really don't want to tell them I'm pregnant, I'm just not ready to go there yet and my dad's wife will make a GIANT fuss. That will be the only thing we talk about for the entire visit. Then my sister will find out because she will be staying with us for part of the time too.
Rick and I are both being very cautious with our feelings this time. We have barely spoken about being pregnant. Probably have spent about 5 minutes total talking about it. I'm sure we'll get excited as time goes on, but we're just not ready yet. So, operation "deceive the parents" is about to begin. Wish me luck!
We're going in on Monday for another ultrasound - hopefully we'll get to see the little heartbeat this time!

1 Comments:
Good luck with your houseguests!! I don't have any advice to offer, I'm afraid... I guess you could always have a clear drink and pretend it's vodka all weekend. :)
Yay for the nausea! It is difficult to live with, but snacking often helps. I know food isn't your favorite thing...I'm just starting to get my appetite back finally...but it's your savior right now. Best wishes!
Post a Comment
<< Home