Monday, December 20, 2004

5 days until Christmas - oh my!

5 days until Christmas and I haven't finished a thing! I was starting to feel a bit of despair at that thought until I remembered the true spirit of Christmas. It doesn't really matter that I don't have the same value of presents for everyone on my list or that my house is still a mess from Rick and I studying for exams. It doesn't matter that we didn't follow the in-laws rules of gift-giving to a T, nor does it matter that the only thing I want to cook lately is toast - and we're hosting Christmas brunch and dinner.

The only things that matter right at this moment are that we have people in our lives that we love and get to celebrate this holiday with (and if they don't feel the same way, then screw them!). We could eat omlettes on toast and unwrap empty boxes on Christmas for all I care (and that's HUGE coming from a perfectionist like me!)

It's going to be really hard not to tell everyone that I'm pregnant over the holidays. I really want to keep the secret until at least our next ultrasound though - at which time I will definitely tell my sister because she's moving away to England in the middle of January!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

It's so hard to let go when you are a perfectionist - but it sounds like you're doing a good job of it! ;) Best wishes for the holidays!!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Your perspective is definitely on the right track. I wonder why I worry about all those silly things too. I hope you had a stress-free Christmas and made a lot of toast :)

Hope you're able to keep your secret!

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home