Happy New Year!
I can't believe the holidays are over! I had a very lazy Christmas this year. We did manage to keep our secret Mia - but anyone who was observant enough would have been able to figure it out from the amount of couch time and napping on my part. I guess no one was watching that closely! Normally I am very anal about Christmas dinner at my house. I don't really like anyone else helping in the kitchen. This year I made the stuffing, got Rick to wash the turkey and stuff it and once it was in the oven I pretty much let everyone else take over. Including the clean up. My sister was getting a bit annoyed I think, but we kept our mouthes shut.
Our trip to visit the in-laws was like the car ride from hell. We had fun - listened the DaVinci Code audio book for most of the ride. I napped in the back seat, we stopped to pee quite often... but I thought my legs were going to explode from sitting still for so long. I guess I'm getting to old for the 8 hour car ride. Going home almost did me in - I was pretty whiney by the time we got to Toronto.
Well, today I am 10 weeks and 4 days pregnant and had an ultrasound to make sure that our little subchorionic bleed wasn't getting any bigger. It has in fact been reabsorbed - no sign of it! This was definitely my favourite ultrasound of all time! I lay there as usual - watching Rick's face for signs of what he saw on the screen. All of sudden he and the technician let out a "Woah!" and started laughing. Apparently I missed the baby jumping, kicking and waving! The tech was very nice and finally turned the screen to let me have a look. I saw the little heart beating away (186bpm - seems pretty high to me, but maybe it was because of the acrobatics), and it actually is starting to look like a baby and not a little jellybean. I almost cried tears of joy right there!
Next week I am going to my regular OB and he'll check the heart rate with his doppler, so not too long until I get a bit more reassurance. I think if that goes well then we will start telling people the following week.
I am so happy, but have to check myself because I remember feeling so happy in my last pregnancy after having a successful ultrasound and then everything went to hell a month later. At least this time we're much further along, in fact around the time my last baby stopped growing probably. I really hope this is it. After seeing that little blurry hand in my picture that I was allowed to keep - waving at us - I actually feel a little bit of a connection to this little one for the first time.
Yay!
Our trip to visit the in-laws was like the car ride from hell. We had fun - listened the DaVinci Code audio book for most of the ride. I napped in the back seat, we stopped to pee quite often... but I thought my legs were going to explode from sitting still for so long. I guess I'm getting to old for the 8 hour car ride. Going home almost did me in - I was pretty whiney by the time we got to Toronto.
Well, today I am 10 weeks and 4 days pregnant and had an ultrasound to make sure that our little subchorionic bleed wasn't getting any bigger. It has in fact been reabsorbed - no sign of it! This was definitely my favourite ultrasound of all time! I lay there as usual - watching Rick's face for signs of what he saw on the screen. All of sudden he and the technician let out a "Woah!" and started laughing. Apparently I missed the baby jumping, kicking and waving! The tech was very nice and finally turned the screen to let me have a look. I saw the little heart beating away (186bpm - seems pretty high to me, but maybe it was because of the acrobatics), and it actually is starting to look like a baby and not a little jellybean. I almost cried tears of joy right there!
Next week I am going to my regular OB and he'll check the heart rate with his doppler, so not too long until I get a bit more reassurance. I think if that goes well then we will start telling people the following week.
I am so happy, but have to check myself because I remember feeling so happy in my last pregnancy after having a successful ultrasound and then everything went to hell a month later. At least this time we're much further along, in fact around the time my last baby stopped growing probably. I really hope this is it. After seeing that little blurry hand in my picture that I was allowed to keep - waving at us - I actually feel a little bit of a connection to this little one for the first time.
Yay!

3 Comments:
Awwww...that is so great that everything went so well and such a cute picture with his/her hand in the air! I'm so happy for you. I know firsthand how hard it is to believe that "this will be the one", but as you had good feelings for me, I have GREAT feelings for you.
Ohhh, Hi Baby ~waving~ precious picture Jackie. So happy for you. Excited for you that you are getting the reassurance that everything is going great & you are connecting with this special little package you have bundled up growing there.
What a beautiful picture!!! I bet that watching dh was so fun at the ultrasound! Oh, Jackie, I'm so happy for you!! This one's gonna stick!!!
((Hugs))
Post a Comment
<< Home