Muffins at dawn
This morning I got up and watched the sun rise. It's so peaceful and serene outside, this time of day always reminds me of leaving early to get to airport for a big trip. There's hardly anyone else on the highway and you're so excited that you forget how tired you are. You sip your giant coffee and think about how you're going to be laying on a beach in 12 hours, soaking up the sun and listening to the surf.
No big trips today though - well I am taking a short road trip for work, but to nowhere exciting. Nope, I'm up because my hips, back and legs ached too much to stay in bed and at 4:21am I found myself wide awake.
I decided to sneak out of bed, and try not to wake Rick who has been working so hard on the basement that he just falls into bed and passes out. I am making pumpkin, raisin muffins to take along as a snack today - and they're starting to smell pretty delicious.
****************
The fear came back. I enjoyed a pretty good streak without the fear for a while, now it's been sneaking up on me again. I worry about preterm labour now. Why does my lower back suddenly ache? What's that cramping feeling in my pelvis? Why haven't I felt the baby move in a while? At various times of the day, these are the thoughts that manage to penetrate my mind - they sneak in like an uninvited guest at a party.
****************
The muffins are ready - I hope they taste as good as they smell. I think I may go back to bed for an hour before it's really time to get up.
Here comes the cat.
No big trips today though - well I am taking a short road trip for work, but to nowhere exciting. Nope, I'm up because my hips, back and legs ached too much to stay in bed and at 4:21am I found myself wide awake.
I decided to sneak out of bed, and try not to wake Rick who has been working so hard on the basement that he just falls into bed and passes out. I am making pumpkin, raisin muffins to take along as a snack today - and they're starting to smell pretty delicious.
****************
The fear came back. I enjoyed a pretty good streak without the fear for a while, now it's been sneaking up on me again. I worry about preterm labour now. Why does my lower back suddenly ache? What's that cramping feeling in my pelvis? Why haven't I felt the baby move in a while? At various times of the day, these are the thoughts that manage to penetrate my mind - they sneak in like an uninvited guest at a party.
****************
The muffins are ready - I hope they taste as good as they smell. I think I may go back to bed for an hour before it's really time to get up.
Here comes the cat.

1 Comments:
Darn that Fear, always creeping up on you when you least expect it! Maybe doing kick counts every day would help? I have to do them for my OB and it does offer some comfort. Every day I have to set aside 1 hour after a meal and I lay on my side and keep track of any movement I feel (squirming, poking, kicking, anything). Once I've hit 4 movements, I can stop counting. If I haven't felt 4 in 1 hour, I have to try for another hour. If I haven't felt 4 in the 2nd hour, I need to call my OB's office. 99% of the time, I hit 4 movements in less than 5 minutes. Occassionally, it's taken 20 min. But not longer. So maybe doing something like this would give you some peace of mind?
Mmmmmm... pumpkin raisin muffins! You can send some down to me! :D Enjoy your road trip, even if it is for work. And try not to worry.. It's pretty common to have back and hip pain in pregnancy. It doesn't necessarily = PTL. Best wishes!
Post a Comment
<< Home