Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Shower in the forecast

I never thought I would be excited over this, but I kind of am. My sister, God love her, is planning my baby shower from England. She is complying with my wishes and having it at my house, and is also involving my two close friends as per my request.

I don't like to be the centre of attention, I don't like feeling that I have to entertain people or come up with witty things to say. I tend to worry that I won't thank people enough or that my different sets of friends won't like each other. But to hell with all that - this isn't really about me, it's about the baby, so I'm off the hook. And no one can expect big things from Kicky either since he/she hasn't been born yet.

I guess I will be free to enjoy the cupcakes and buttertarts and open presents without any of those worries.

Two months until my (I mean Kicky's) shower. Hehe, that's kind of cool.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Congrats!!! I know you were a bit worried about the details of this and I'm glad it's working out the way you hoped! And YES, the shower is for YOU, too! I also hate being the center of attention, constantly worrying if I *look* grateful enough or if I accidentally let it slip that I was less than thrilled with a gift choice (in general, mind you...haven't had a baby shower yet). But you know what? It doesn't matter. Sit back, enjoy the pampering, and eat cake! It's all for YOU AND Kicky! :)

3:04 PM  
Blogger ~Tanya~ said...

Sounds like everything is falling into place. How exciting for you, I mean Kicky ;)

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home