Thursday, November 25, 2004

5 weeks 3 days

Time sure slows down when you first discover that you're pregnant. It crawls.

I have zero symptoms of being pregnant (except one tender boob that comes and goes and a bit of fatigue). I know that every pregnancy is different and each person's chemistry is different - but no amount of logic will calm someone who has experienced miscarriages before.

So last night on my way home, after coming up with many reasons why I shouldn't, I stopped and bought a HPT and went straight home and used it. The line came up right away and was much darker than the test line - it made me feel a bit better even though it really doesn't mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

I just pray that I get some reassurance when we go for our first ultrasound on Monday. Maybe once I see proof with my own two eyes then my body will get the message and start to act even a little bit pregnant!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American sisters. I am thankful that I have you all in my life!

2 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

Try not to worry about the symptoms or lack there of. The only symptom that I had was fatigue until about 6 weeks or so. Oh, and have I ever mentioned that I POAS just about every week until 8-9 weeks. At first it was for reassurance, but once we started the u/s's at dh's office, the POAS became a fun party trick. It was fun to see how fast the second line could pop up. I swear the last time it showed before I even stopped peeing!!

Ok, that's probably TMI.

One of the things that I am grateful for this year is meeting all of my ownderful sisters, or sistas, if you will. I'm so glad to be travelling along this journey with all of you.

(((Hugs))) Jackie--Cant' wait to hear about the appointment Monday! Until then, keep POASing!!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I think everyone POAS again just for reassurance! Perfectly normal there :)

As hard as it is, try not to worry about lack of symptoms. I spent the entire 1st trimester worrying about my lack of m/s. Now I'm thankful! I know the feeling of wanting so badly to experience symptoms to give you more reassurance, but some of us just never get them.

It'll be great - I'm still so confident in this one!

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home