Monday, March 14, 2005

Remembrance

Yesterday Rick and I went and took our first real look at baby furniture and strollers, then we went for a drive in the country and stopped at wonderful little tea shop for lunch. We had such a great day. I completely forgot that it was the one year anniversary of our last miscarriage.

For a fleeting moment when I did remember, I felt like that made me a terrible person - but when I told Rick, he said that our little angel "knows we're having a good streak and is happy for us." I hope he's right, I hope it's okay to let go and not hold onto the memories so closely, because I'm so tired of being sad.

I feel like I had my miscarriages to prepare me for birth. If we didn't go through those experiences, Rick and I wouldn't really know how much we want to be parents, how much love we have to give, and wouldn't know how strong we really are. Our angels gave us those gifts and I will never forget them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

I couldn't have said it any better than you just did. You expressed exactly how I feel as I come across my angel days.

So happy for you and Rick :)

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home