Kicky Kickerton
Sometimes at night, Rick and I just lie in bed with hands on my belly - in awe that there is actually a baby in there. We can both feel the baby kicking sometimes, and that has really started to make us aware that we're not the subject of some great conspiracy - but that there really is a baby. It turns out that baby has come to have a nickname afterall... it's really quite silly, but we call him/her Kicky Kickerton (Kicky for short). I will have to start calling the cat by her name or else she may get jealous.
We are just past the 21 week mark, more than halfway there now. I have come to realize a few things - good, not-so-good and otherwise:
1. My husband is worth his weight in gold. I wouldn't trade him in for anything. I'm not really sure what I ever did to deserve him.
2. I like chocolate more than I ever thought I did.
3. My back will probably never be the same as it was before I started sleeping on my left side every night (only to wake up hourly laying on my back).
4. I really don't like maternity clothes, I miss my clothes.
5. Even though I was told this wouldn't happen, I also miss alcohol now.
6. Children = both joy and worry: from the moment you find out you're pregnant, probably until they leave home and beyond (makes sense, but it didn't really dawn on me before.)
7. Even though I know it isn't true and I'm an idiot - I'm scared that having sex will cause a miscarriage and I think Rick is too because he hasn't been bugging me. Either that or he thinks I'm gross.
8. I hope we have sex again.
9. I won't be able to wear a bathing suit this summer because my legs are so bruised from giving myself Heparin shots, people may think Rick is abusing me.
10. Nothing else really matters anymore, as long as Kicky Kickerton is okay.
We are just past the 21 week mark, more than halfway there now. I have come to realize a few things - good, not-so-good and otherwise:
1. My husband is worth his weight in gold. I wouldn't trade him in for anything. I'm not really sure what I ever did to deserve him.
2. I like chocolate more than I ever thought I did.
3. My back will probably never be the same as it was before I started sleeping on my left side every night (only to wake up hourly laying on my back).
4. I really don't like maternity clothes, I miss my clothes.
5. Even though I was told this wouldn't happen, I also miss alcohol now.
6. Children = both joy and worry: from the moment you find out you're pregnant, probably until they leave home and beyond (makes sense, but it didn't really dawn on me before.)
7. Even though I know it isn't true and I'm an idiot - I'm scared that having sex will cause a miscarriage and I think Rick is too because he hasn't been bugging me. Either that or he thinks I'm gross.
8. I hope we have sex again.
9. I won't be able to wear a bathing suit this summer because my legs are so bruised from giving myself Heparin shots, people may think Rick is abusing me.
10. Nothing else really matters anymore, as long as Kicky Kickerton is okay.

3 Comments:
What wonderful observations you've made! And the nickname is adorable!! Yay for getting past half-way!!!
I'm so glad Kicky finally has a nickname! It's about time!
I love your observations - especially numbers 1 and 10! :) I also have to agree about missing alcohol - I never drank that much to begin with, but when I see alcohol now, I crave it so bad!
How did I miss this post? I love Kicky as a nickname - Yep, there really is a baby in that tummy!
Post a Comment
<< Home