Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The love list

We seem to be on a great trend of lists this week on blogger, so I will continue with that theme.

This post is inspired by Mia and her wonderful list of reasons why she loves her husband so much. If you haven't read it, you should - Jake is quite an inspiration.

I decided this was a good day to post this because this morning when I left Rick, I was in a pissy, difficult mood and realize that I am by no means the easiest person to live with. So here goes,

Why I love my husband so much:

1. It actually makes HIM happy to take me out shopping and buy things that make ME happy.

2. He does things like send me cards and invitations to romantic dates to my work out of the blue.

3. He grins from ear to ear when I tell him that I love him or how happy I am that he's my husband.

4. He is open minded and not stubborn.

5. If anything goes wrong, he can handle it. From miscarriage to fixing a plumbing emergency in our bathroom. This man is my rock.

6. He constantly challenges himself to become better at everything.

7. He lets my cat sleep on the bed even though he's allergic. He even does kitty litter duty when I'm pregnant.

8. When I invite the girls over, he mixes martinis and makes dinner and lets us have our girly time together.

9. Ever since we started dating, he has given me back and foot massages - and they're really good.

10. We laugh our asses off together.

11. He's my best friend in the whole world.

12. When he makes rice, which is often, he puts the rice cooker outside because I hate the smell and the splatters.

13. He has more faith in me than I have of myself.

14. He never yells, even when I do.

15. While we were planning our wedding and my friend asked him if he was nervous or anything, he said no, that he just couldn't wait to start being my husband.

I'm starting to feel too mushy for my own good - I'd better stop now!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

I'm feeling mushy after reading your list too! Rick is a sweetheart! Those are some wonderful reasons you love him so much.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

OMG, I fell in love with Jake after reading Mia's list and now I think I love Rick, too! :) What a wonderful husband you have there!!

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home