Wednesday, June 01, 2005

An obnoxious, giddy pregnant post

I think I've got the excitment now! My hormones are crazy, so these emotions aren't too reliable, but I'm feeling some joy. Funnily enough it took some material goods to bring this out in me - how pathetic is that?

Rick's parents took us to buy the stroller that we picked out last night, and they bought the infant carrier/car seat thing that goes with it as well. This was a nice surprise because we just wanted them to match and had planned to buy the carrier ourselves.





While we were in the store, I ordered the crib that my Dad and his wife have agreed to buy. We had a bit of moment here where we couldn't actually remember which crib it was, but even if this wasn't the original choice, I'm happy with it!



And if all that excitment wasn't enough, my inlaws brought our co-sleeper with them that I had ordered and had delivered to Rick's sister's house. We set it up and played around with it and then I tried to pack it away on my own (might need to practice a few times with it, it's a bit smarter than I am).



Just to finish us off - here is the crib bedding that my Mom has ordered for this spoiled child (it's much cuter up close).



And that pretty much brings us up to date. We have nowhere to keep this stuff - it will have to live in the garage until the baby's room is ready, but I will keep peaking at it, excited about the day that we get to unpack!

*********************

Here are some shots of the progress on the basement rennovations:

Just after the panelling was pulled down and the framing is beginning:


All framed and checking that the electrical is all working:


Insulation in and sealing up the vapour barrier:


Drywall, and Rick pretending to hammer, in what looks like a not very masculine stance:


Okay, that's what going on with me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

First off, I LOVE your baby choices!! I really like the bright colors you can get with PP strollers and carriers/carseats. The bedding is adorable, and the crib is really nice! As for the co-sleeper, it does take some practice. ;) But it's worth it.

Secondly, it looks like you're making some progress in your renovations - Yay!! Don't wear yourself out, though... You need to stay strong to grow Kicky!

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home