Crazy? Could be...
It's Rick's birthday next Wednesday and I'm feeling very with the times - I just bought all his presents online! I am trying to ignore how much I spent on the iPOD and hopefully I will be able to pay the VISA bill without looking at our bank account balance - but it's worth it to suprise him with something really nice this year. I also bought some tickets to a South African dance/musical that is coming to town and a couple of little treats that I'll give him while we're camping. It's fun to spread the birthday cheer out instead of just having one day of fun and then getting post-present blues.
In less than a month we will be going to see a recurrent miscarriage specialist. I think I am actually mentally ready to take a break from trying for as long as he tells us to. It's possible that I only feel that way because all the planets and my hormones are in the right alignment to keep me in a good mood for several days. But right now I just feel free and breezy. I no longer feel like pregnancy is an exclusive club to which I haven't been given full membership privileges. I don't feel like mothers and pregnant women have one up on me like I used to - I think I've just been born and bred to be very competitive and I'm losing my edge - but it's making life a whole lot easier to live! This probably makes me sound like I'm a bit crazy for ever even having feelings like that... but oh well, we're all a bit crazy when you think about it!
All this sanity could go down the toilet when I get my period in two and a half weeks, but for today that's my prerogative and I'm sticking to it!
__________________________________
My horoscope for today:
It's easy to know what to do next. Simply go directly to those who can tell you exactly what's going on. Rise to the occasion. This is no time to sit around worrying about why things may not be possible.
__________________________________
Last night's dinner was sort of a hodge-podge of snacks that I put together for a meeting, but when I got home I made my yummy Greek salad.
Greek Village Salad:
1/2 english cucumber, washed, seeded and cut into chunks (or regular cucumber - but peeled first)
1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes, washed and cut in half
1/2 block of feta cheese, crumbled into chunks (I prefer goat's milk feta, but cow will do fine too)
1/2 a red onion, cut into medium sized pieces
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
A splash of red wine, balsamic - whatever vinegar you like
1 tablespoon of virgin olive oil
A few dashes of oregano, basil, pepper
1-2 cloves of garlic minced
A handful of black olives if you like olives
Mix it all together and voila - yummy salad! You can add some more of the olive oil, lemon and vinegar and toss it with cold pasta for a pasta salad as well.
In less than a month we will be going to see a recurrent miscarriage specialist. I think I am actually mentally ready to take a break from trying for as long as he tells us to. It's possible that I only feel that way because all the planets and my hormones are in the right alignment to keep me in a good mood for several days. But right now I just feel free and breezy. I no longer feel like pregnancy is an exclusive club to which I haven't been given full membership privileges. I don't feel like mothers and pregnant women have one up on me like I used to - I think I've just been born and bred to be very competitive and I'm losing my edge - but it's making life a whole lot easier to live! This probably makes me sound like I'm a bit crazy for ever even having feelings like that... but oh well, we're all a bit crazy when you think about it!
All this sanity could go down the toilet when I get my period in two and a half weeks, but for today that's my prerogative and I'm sticking to it!
__________________________________
My horoscope for today:
It's easy to know what to do next. Simply go directly to those who can tell you exactly what's going on. Rise to the occasion. This is no time to sit around worrying about why things may not be possible.
__________________________________
Last night's dinner was sort of a hodge-podge of snacks that I put together for a meeting, but when I got home I made my yummy Greek salad.
Greek Village Salad:
1/2 english cucumber, washed, seeded and cut into chunks (or regular cucumber - but peeled first)
1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes, washed and cut in half
1/2 block of feta cheese, crumbled into chunks (I prefer goat's milk feta, but cow will do fine too)
1/2 a red onion, cut into medium sized pieces
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
A splash of red wine, balsamic - whatever vinegar you like
1 tablespoon of virgin olive oil
A few dashes of oregano, basil, pepper
1-2 cloves of garlic minced
A handful of black olives if you like olives
Mix it all together and voila - yummy salad! You can add some more of the olive oil, lemon and vinegar and toss it with cold pasta for a pasta salad as well.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home