Monday, June 28, 2004

Monday - blah!!

Weekends are just way too short. It seems like one moment I'm so happy that it's Friday and I've made it through the week and the next thing you know it's bloody Monday again! Granted, I try to pack in a zillion things into Saturday and Sunday and I tend to slack off during the week - which seems to make it seems slower, but this is not the point.

We are having a federal election today and I voted for the Green Party - they advocate a shorter work week and I'm all for that (that's not the only reason I voted for them, in fact I just remembered that point right now actually).

I am supposedly 7 days past my ovulation day today (funny things happened to my "chart" this weekend and I did have to mess around with it to keep my ovulation date where it was) and I think that my period is just around the corner because I've been pretty irritable and snappy for the past couple of days. This morning was a sure sign of impending menstruation: I spent at least 30 minutes trying to find a pair of pants that didn't make me look fat. I changed tops, pants, socks and even underwear several times - all because I wanted to wear my favourite sage green suede shoes. Now that I am pretty sure my period is coming, I am kind of sad that we didn't "try" this month... I know that I am lucky to be going to see one of the city's most specialized doctors in the area of miscarriage, but part of me wants to forget all that and just make a baby. That seems rather selfish and nearsighted of me, but it's just how I feel - which doesn't neccessarily mean I will act on it - it's just hard not to.

Oh yeah, how could I forget?? We're going to Nova Scotia in September by train! On Friday night I volunteered at a fundraiser event for the organization that I share office space with, the event included a live auction and I ended up having help them display auction items while they were being bid on. I only found that out last minute, so I had my mother's boyfriend bid on the Halifax train tickets that I had my eye on and he did such a good job - I won the bid at $25 less than my limit (I thought there was no way I would get the trip the way the competition was going!) I LOVE the east coast and so does Rick - at one point we were trying to figure out if it would be feasible for us to relocate there... maybe one day we will!

The rest of the weekend was really nice.... but here it is - Monday again!!! Blah!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home