Happy Canada Day!
I have had such a wonderful couple of days... I notice one major pattern - I start to have a bad day when I get back to work and turn on my computer. That is my constant reminder to enter my temperatures in Fertility Friend, to read message boards (although I do love the people, it is yet another baby reminder), to be distracted from my work.... I have lived out so many happy and sad pregnancy moments on this very computer that it will always be a reminder.
I joined the "day" people at school on Wednesday for a lesson in Estrogen Toxicity. They were all such nice people with so much energy, much different from us tired out night school folks! The class was great and I was one of the most senior students there, so I was able to help guide some of the newer students through their case studies that were presented to the class. One of the girls noticed my favourite sandals that I was wearing and kept going on about them (the ultimate compliment for a shoe girl). The next I knew everyone was coming over to look at my shoes and ask where I got them! It was sort of embarrassing, but who am I kidding - I loved it!
I didn't even get a headache in class like I normally do! What a great afternoon (oh yeah, and I did learn plenty as well). When I got home Rick and I made pizza together and sat outside on our patio and had dinner and talked about our day - it was perfect.
Some friends of ours who live nearby went away for the weekend and left us their keys so we could pool-sit! Poll sitting seems to consist of swimming and lounging poolside so that the pool doesn't get lonely. So after spending most of the day in the hot sun sealing the driveway (okay, Rick sealed the driveway - I did some weeding and baked cookies - but that's still hot work!), we went over and had a wonderful swim and lay in the sun! I put a batch of chili on in the slow cooker before we left, so it was just perfect when we got home. We had chili and beer and cookies and a martini (since I already know my period is on the way - what the heck!)
Now I am back at work and the sun is shining and I really want to be at home in my garden and finishing my book while I swing in the hammock! The only way I am ever going to be able to stay home is to have a baby - but then I probably won't be lying in hammocks and reading books something tells me. Hmmmm... why didn't I marry rich? Just kidding! (sort of :)
I joined the "day" people at school on Wednesday for a lesson in Estrogen Toxicity. They were all such nice people with so much energy, much different from us tired out night school folks! The class was great and I was one of the most senior students there, so I was able to help guide some of the newer students through their case studies that were presented to the class. One of the girls noticed my favourite sandals that I was wearing and kept going on about them (the ultimate compliment for a shoe girl). The next I knew everyone was coming over to look at my shoes and ask where I got them! It was sort of embarrassing, but who am I kidding - I loved it!
I didn't even get a headache in class like I normally do! What a great afternoon (oh yeah, and I did learn plenty as well). When I got home Rick and I made pizza together and sat outside on our patio and had dinner and talked about our day - it was perfect.
Some friends of ours who live nearby went away for the weekend and left us their keys so we could pool-sit! Poll sitting seems to consist of swimming and lounging poolside so that the pool doesn't get lonely. So after spending most of the day in the hot sun sealing the driveway (okay, Rick sealed the driveway - I did some weeding and baked cookies - but that's still hot work!), we went over and had a wonderful swim and lay in the sun! I put a batch of chili on in the slow cooker before we left, so it was just perfect when we got home. We had chili and beer and cookies and a martini (since I already know my period is on the way - what the heck!)
Now I am back at work and the sun is shining and I really want to be at home in my garden and finishing my book while I swing in the hammock! The only way I am ever going to be able to stay home is to have a baby - but then I probably won't be lying in hammocks and reading books something tells me. Hmmmm... why didn't I marry rich? Just kidding! (sort of :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home