It's a girl!
I was just the recipient of an "it's a girl!" email. There I was working away, not having a great day to begin with, when I innocently checked my new email only to find a birth announcement complete with photos of the happy family. I only found out they were expecting about a week ago and then I could block it out because I haven't seen this couple in almost a year.
Somehow it just seems too real when it's people that I know in person that have babies - it's different when it's all online and I'm talking to people who I know much more intimately than casual friends that I know in person.
The thought of ever having a baby myself is actually starting to seem like some far off abstract idea that I can't quite comprehend. I just can't imagine it happening. I don't think I ever will truly believe it is possible until I am holding a newborn baby in my arms.
Hmmm... I seem to be having a bad day!
The good news is that there is only one week left until my doctor's appointment where I find out the results of my blood testing - finally.
Somehow it just seems too real when it's people that I know in person that have babies - it's different when it's all online and I'm talking to people who I know much more intimately than casual friends that I know in person.
The thought of ever having a baby myself is actually starting to seem like some far off abstract idea that I can't quite comprehend. I just can't imagine it happening. I don't think I ever will truly believe it is possible until I am holding a newborn baby in my arms.
Hmmm... I seem to be having a bad day!
The good news is that there is only one week left until my doctor's appointment where I find out the results of my blood testing - finally.

2 Comments:
Jackie - So sorry you are feeling this way, sorry I am not much more helpful but I totally feel the same right now. It is weird how my on-line friends I feel nothing but joy but for the others in my life it tears at the heartstrings. ((((Hugs)))
I am looking forward to your upcoming appt & await your results. I know he will have answers & your dreams of a little one WILL happen.
I'm sorry about the birth announcement catching you off guard. That really sucks.
A while back, I, too, could not imagine myself ever having a successful pregnancy, and here I am. My point is, it doesn't really matter what you think or what you can picture for yourself. It can happen anyway. So, feel absolutely how you feel, because those are very valid emotions, and you've been through a lot. But also know that Life can change the rules on you while you aren't looking. You may (I hope and pray) someday have to face the reality of a healthy pregnancy and a little baby in your arms. I truly hope that for you.
(((Hugs)))
Post a Comment
<< Home