Thursday, October 21, 2004

Warning: sappiness in here

This morning I got up at 3:45 am (didn't both taking my temp, so day 2 of temping is shot), and drove Rick to the airport. He has gone with many others from his large family, to gather for one of his uncle's funeral. I am very sad that I cannot be with them, but also have to confess that I am going to enjoy some time to myself at home, I just wish the circumstances were different.

When I got to work there was a pile of mail on my desk. As I flipped through it I noticed a small envelope addressed to me and the return address was my home. I ripped it open to find a very delicately designed (Rick is a graphic artist) invitation that says:

"In celebration of your 4th Anniversary, you're invited to spend a romantic weekend with your husband at a secret location. Entertainment and delicious food will highlight the weekend along with celebrating love and devotion. Dates: November 26-28, Where: To be announced"

Inside there was a poem (very corny, but sweet nonetheless):

"I'll give you the sun, the rain, the moon, the stars and the moutains
I'll give you the world, and all that you wish for, and even more
Because I love you more than you can know
And that's for sure"

Awwwwe! Sometimes I feel like the luckiest person alive!

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

That is so thoughtful and romantic! Woohoo!! Congrats on a great guy! :)

6:42 AM  
Blogger ~Tanya~ said...

Wow Jackie, I am sitting her think Awwww you are so lucky! What a wonderful man you have!

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home