Thursday, June 09, 2005

Looking forward to the foot massage

Paul abDoula really has a way of making things seem real. We're talking about things like birthing positions and circumcision and all kinds of stuff that I can't believe is going to happen to my body.

She now has 2 births under her belt and maybe one more before it's our turn. I think she's looking forward to our birth because we plan on going natural and therefore will need her alternate methods of pain killing and cheerleading. The other 2 births were both epidurals.

Her bag of tricks comes complete with a tupperware rolling pin that you can fill with hot or cold water, all kinds of massage paraphernalia, foot cream, hair bands, a mirror so you can watch what's going on down there, a spritz bottle and all kinds of other weird and wonderful things. I guess this will be the one day in my life when I have a husband and a Doula to each massage one of my feet at the same time - I definitely have to take full advantage of that.

I'm not really sure what else to think about anymore. The thought of having and bringing home a baby are starting to freak me out a little bit (mostly in a good way). I am still really happy, but every once in a while I get a little mini-throw-up feeling in my stomach when I think of what lies ahead. I guess this is reality creeping in. I hope we are worthy of the child that we are going to raise.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rosanne said...

Jackie, You are so worthy! Kicky is as lucky to have you as you are to have Kicky. You'll make a great little family.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

LOL, I'm starting to get that little throw-uppy feeling now. :D I think it was a lot more abstract before and as it gets closer (and the fact that I have a specific date now), it's become almost too real. Can't they just stay in our bellies forever? Your doula's bag of tricks sounds interesting. I wish I had looked into that more, but it was another expense that I wasn't sure we could afford. Good luck! You'll do just fine!

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home