What's the deal?
Sometimes lately I don't know myself. Between the recently discovered swollen ankles and the short temper, I need a holiday from me.
Rick and I never fight, but I found myself blowing up at him the other night because he told me his cousins are coming to stay for the long weekend, this weekend. I had some sort of meltdown. I'm tired, I'm hurting and I'm totally anti-social right now... my first day that I wake up without a job and I'm going to be entertaining people. Boo. I sulked all night and was on the verge of sulking yesterday too, when he apologized. It doesn't change the fact that we still have people coming to stay though. I made it very clear that I am not cleaning, cooking or going out of my way to entertain - is that harsh? I sort of feel bad, but at the same time, there's a list of things to get done and an unpredictable amount of time to do them in - I don't see why we have to invite other people into our mess at this point. Oh well, what's done is done. He'd better put them to work and not spend the entire weekend playing on the x-Box or else there might be another meltdown.
And I'd like to know, what's the deal with getting swollen up anyway? I had to take my rings off. I didn't think that was going to happen, but there you go. Why do pregnant women have to retain water and why all of a sudden am I really so unpleasant to be around? Maybe this part of pregnancy is supposed to be just unpleasant enough that you're actually looking forward to "pain of delivery" that people keep warning me about.
What's up with people telling you how painful childbirth is, like I really don't realize it's going to hurt? I'd better stop, I see where this is going...we could be here all day.
Rick and I never fight, but I found myself blowing up at him the other night because he told me his cousins are coming to stay for the long weekend, this weekend. I had some sort of meltdown. I'm tired, I'm hurting and I'm totally anti-social right now... my first day that I wake up without a job and I'm going to be entertaining people. Boo. I sulked all night and was on the verge of sulking yesterday too, when he apologized. It doesn't change the fact that we still have people coming to stay though. I made it very clear that I am not cleaning, cooking or going out of my way to entertain - is that harsh? I sort of feel bad, but at the same time, there's a list of things to get done and an unpredictable amount of time to do them in - I don't see why we have to invite other people into our mess at this point. Oh well, what's done is done. He'd better put them to work and not spend the entire weekend playing on the x-Box or else there might be another meltdown.
And I'd like to know, what's the deal with getting swollen up anyway? I had to take my rings off. I didn't think that was going to happen, but there you go. Why do pregnant women have to retain water and why all of a sudden am I really so unpleasant to be around? Maybe this part of pregnancy is supposed to be just unpleasant enough that you're actually looking forward to "pain of delivery" that people keep warning me about.
What's up with people telling you how painful childbirth is, like I really don't realize it's going to hurt? I'd better stop, I see where this is going...we could be here all day.

1 Comments:
((HUGS)) The swelling was actually one of the worst parts of pregnancy for me. I had no idea how swollen my ankles and feet got until I got them back last week... it's amazing to have bones again! Not much longer and you'll get yours back, too!
How's the life of leisure? ;) Sorry about the houseguests. I would be peeved, too.
Post a Comment
<< Home