Thursday, June 24, 2004

Addicted

I have a confession to make. I'm addicted to Starbucks. It wasn't something that I meant to happen, in fact I resisted for the longest time. It all started when my old friend (formerly best) sent me a Starbucks giftcard for Christmas. I was kind of insulted because we've stopped sending birthday presents and only do cards now, so Christmas is the time that we normally spend some time and buy something really personal. So when the gift card came I thought it was pretty lame, especially after the nice stuff that I sent to her.

That card sat in the glove compartment of the car for a long time. I avoided Starbucks at all cost until one day Rick, my sister and I were driving up north to go snow shoeing and in the middle of nowhere - calling out to us like a beacon, was a Starbucks. We went in and spent the entire giftcard (which wasn't hard at thoses prices). Something compelled me to refill the card - I have no idea what.

Then Rick and I started doing Friday night dates at our local Chapters bookstore, which happens to have a Starbucks in it. Suddenly I became a tall, soy, tazo chai latte with half syrup! Just like that - I am now defined by a drink. And when I need to find myself, like I did last night, I stop in for a cup of my favourite (and 3 Sophie Kinsella books). Now we're spending about $20 a week at damn Starbucks - instead of supporting the little guy around the corner or at least a Canadian chain.

None of them have anything on the tall, soy, tazo.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

I love Sophie Kinsella, and Starbucks!! I don't have a regular drink, though. I love it all! Did I mention that my head is stil killing me from the caffiene withdrawl?? Quit while you still can!!!! Hee hee hee!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home