Ode to Sammy
Love really is patient and kind - that is just one of the many things that Sammy has taught me so far. Every day brings a lesson of one kind or another. I've learned a lot about truly selfless love and the miracle of life.
As I watch my little boy change and grow each day, I am fascinated and find myself making plans far into the future for him. I have never felt like this before, and if I had known this is what it is like to be a parent I might not have been so hard on mine.
Sam and I are taking yoga classes and have made friends with one of the other Moms and babies. I am also looking at a swimming class that begins in January for us. He likes splashing around in the bath so much that I think it would be a mistake not to get him in the pool as a baby. There are a few Mommy and baby sing along type of groups that I am investigating as well - whatever I can do to get us out of the house and keep both of us from getting bored.
Each weekend we go on a hike and picnic - we are trying to get him used to nature and the great outdoors. So far it's going well as he sleeps in his Bjorn most of the time :)
I think that Sam is going to be quite a talker. He is already babbling away to us and treats Rick and I to the cutest smiles.
Even breastfeeding is going so much better. I am glad that I stuck it out, because it is no longer a struggle now that my supply is steady and I know what I'm doing. I am even able to pump enough that I will be able to start going to night classes again twice a month, which I'm not really looking forward to - but am making myself do in order to actually finish something that I started.
This entry has turned into a love letter I guess, but that's okay. Whenever I wake up and see Sam laying there next to me, I am reminded about how truly blessed we are.
As I watch my little boy change and grow each day, I am fascinated and find myself making plans far into the future for him. I have never felt like this before, and if I had known this is what it is like to be a parent I might not have been so hard on mine.
Sam and I are taking yoga classes and have made friends with one of the other Moms and babies. I am also looking at a swimming class that begins in January for us. He likes splashing around in the bath so much that I think it would be a mistake not to get him in the pool as a baby. There are a few Mommy and baby sing along type of groups that I am investigating as well - whatever I can do to get us out of the house and keep both of us from getting bored.
Each weekend we go on a hike and picnic - we are trying to get him used to nature and the great outdoors. So far it's going well as he sleeps in his Bjorn most of the time :)
I think that Sam is going to be quite a talker. He is already babbling away to us and treats Rick and I to the cutest smiles.
Even breastfeeding is going so much better. I am glad that I stuck it out, because it is no longer a struggle now that my supply is steady and I know what I'm doing. I am even able to pump enough that I will be able to start going to night classes again twice a month, which I'm not really looking forward to - but am making myself do in order to actually finish something that I started.
This entry has turned into a love letter I guess, but that's okay. Whenever I wake up and see Sam laying there next to me, I am reminded about how truly blessed we are.

<< Home