Tuesday, August 14, 2007

An overdue announcement

Who's bitchy and short tempered, gets headaches every afternoon and doesn't fit any of her pants? Yup, that's me at 15 weeks pregnant while chasing around after a two year old all day.

It happened while on vacation (the "conception" that is) and me usually being super duper organized when it comes to trying to get knocked up, wasn't prepared at all. It was my one month of not temping before the big event was scheduled (the trying to get knocked up) and I actually didn't clue in for a few days. Luckily the super duper organized me did have a stash of progesterone already squirrelled away for when the trying was to begin. I am now back on the regime of baby aspirin and heparin shots each day and am due sometime at the end of February.

I am extrememly happy and understand how fortunate we are, but I am also realizing how different a second child is from the first - right from conception. All those pregnancy books and updates that were so abundant last time are nowhere to be seen. All that time that I had to obsess about each little change and each little observation - non-existant! I really wanted to keep a journal of my pregnancy just like I did last time and this is the first time I've written about it.

It is obvious that things will not be the same as first time around. I just hope that we are able to provide some of the special things that we have to Sam. People do this all the time, so I'm sure we'll figure it out just like we did last time... I'm just becoming aware of all the issues I suppose.

________________________________________________

Some general observations about this pregnancy thus far:

- I am was sick and tired (literally) for the first 13 weeks, but am now returning to my old self. Our dinners are now more interesting than the soup and toast that have sustaining us for the last little while.

- This has been the dream pregnancy that I've always hoped for. We got pregnant without trying and haven't had any scares at all. A bit boring really (haha - not!)

- We rented a doppler and have been able to listen to the baby's heartbeat for just over a month now. Very reassuring because I will not be having monthly ultrasounds like I did last time. I've graduated to just boring old blood clotter and am no longer a test subject to be monitored closely in the name of science.

- This baby is very lucky because it has a wonderfuly father and a terrific older brother waiting for them. Mom needs to work on her stuff a bit more.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Jackie! I still check blogs from time to time and was shocked to see your announcement!

Good luck and a happy and healthy 9 months.

Jenn

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home