Friday, May 19, 2006

SentiMental feelings

For my last birthday before Sam was born, Rick bought me a bunch of baby lullaby CD's. We put them on the iPod and I listened to them when I went to bed each night - they played on through the night and because I was up often to relieve my constantly squished bladder, I heard them plenty.

Now that Sam is in his own room, I play one of those lullaby CD's for him each night and it loops through the night. It's as much for me as it is for him (okay maybe even more for me than him) - every night that I put one on I am reminded of those lonely hours during the night at the end of my pregnancy where I would wonder who this little person was that I was going to give birth to and be playing these songs for. Every night when I put him to bed I hold him tight and remember how much I wanted him and think of how different my life is now that he's here. I never thought it was possible to love someone so much, or maybe I just never understood how very strong certain love can be.

Long after Sam is done listening to those lullabies I will probably play them and feel a bit sentimental for these special moments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home